Saturday 28 February 2009

Valentines Day


Some people get roses.Some people get chocolates.
This year I got Wii Fit.
This is the degree of romance in a marriage with a Japanese man...
Get into shape, woman!
Still, I'm not moaning.
I have gotten nothing in the past.
And, to be fair, most Japanese women get nothing at all, so it has taken me 16 years of training to get to this pinnacle of the romantic gesture.
And actually, I did want it.
In fact he's not that bad really...
Oh God, I'm in danger of getting mushy, I'll stop while my image as a cynical old cow is still in tact!
And I did give him Superman pants.
I suppose we were both sending messages of hope with our love.


So the family spent the morning getting in shape.


And then it was once more onto the rink for Weechan's school family skating night.


There were ups and downs.


But all in all Mairi was giving it laldy, as we say in Fife, for most of the night.



Even Mummy managed to let go of the side.


But it was never far away....

No comments: