Sunday 1 February 2009

More farewells....


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Well, so far the current worldwide economic slump has not affected me too badly personally - let's face it, I never had any capital to lose... However we are feeling it's indirect effects here in Hiroshima. Hiroshima is home to the headquarters of Mazda, and as such we have had a few friends who have been here as part of the Ford/Mazda partnership, particularly at Weechan's school. Unfortunately, with Ford selling all its interests in Mazda at the end of last year to try and keep afloat, a few families we were just getting to know better, suddenly had to depart. Thankfully they still had jobs to go back to, so are better off than some, it seems, but we were sad to see them go just the same.
So it was, on a particularly beautiful Autumn day, that we headed off for a Sunday walk around Mitaki temple for a final outing with the Darwicks, who to my eternal shame, I still owe a dinner. In this small world, I doubt it will be the last I hear of them, rather the biggest shock of the day was that I had never before been to this haven of beauty in the city I have lived in for 8 years, until they invited us along. What a gorgeous place!
Thanks D Family, and good luck back in the new land of promise!?

No comments: