Wednesday 6 May 2009

FOUND!

SO the B-movie of my life continues. After phoning my friend's house, the 7-11, and the police after I lost my camera, and waiting 2 weeks with no news, I finally decided it really was too much to expect the world at large to go without a picture of Weechan for any longer and ordered myself a new spiffy camera from Amazon. At 50,000 yen or thereabouts (about 300-odd quid). Yes it was cheaper than the new Eos Kiss3X which did come out last Saturday which I could have bought, but still. I placed the order on Saturday night.

Sunday morning, the phone rings:

it's the police:

"We've found your camera"

I swear to God I do not make this stuff up or embellish for dramatic license.
My sister had sent Weechan an Easter egg, and we had popped in to the post office to pick it up on the way home. I'd totally forgotten we had been there. I must have laid the camera on the counter to sign for the egg......idiot!

Oh well.....
Now I have 2 cameras.
As a quick aside; don't you just love Japan. Where else would you ever get the camera back? And where else would the police actually phone you to tell you they'd found it. I love to moan about my host nation, but this is one aspect of the place I take my hat off to!

So your wait for pictures of my daughter is over.
I bet you all sighed a collective sigh of relief there, didn't you!

No comments: