Thursday 7 August 2008

Backtracking through the holidays....3 Yufuin Once More


After F's birthday party we finally set off for our annual one week family holiday! To Yufuin once more.
As soon as we got there, I was straight in the pool!

The next morning we went to Kijima Korakuen Theme Park. At the entrance I knew it was my kind of place: Puri Kyua girls were there to greet me.


Then there was some lego nonsense.



And on to the attractions. Me and Daddy got passports, but Mummy was chicken. (Excuse me, I was the photographer!!)


I was too short to get on this - thank goodness! It took my Daddy up to a great height....


Then dropped him!


His face says it all.


I got on a go-cart to warm up.
Which was kind of crap....


I wanted to get on Jupiter, the big wooden roller coaster that Kijima is famous for.


But I was too short so I had to make do with the photo stop version.

It looked exciting till I saw these people doing this!



Daddy wouldn't try that, but we persuaded him to get on Poseidon.




And then we found the section I could get on lots of things in.





The promise room. What I promised Mummy is a secret.


My favourite ride was the unfortunately named go-carts.


The sign says no-one under 135cm can drive.


Wrong!
First driving lesson from Dad!!


On the way home we stopped at our favourite Pizza place.


Yummy food and a great view at Kunugi no Oka! Definitely recommended if you are in Yufuin!



Next day we went for a drive to Aso.
We found this unmanned lucky charm stall at a rest stop.
The gold sign says: "Happiness will not come to those who don't put the ¥100 in the box!"
Brilliant!


Happiness came to us at the cafe "Chez Tani" down the road, which has a great Cake Buffet!


Then it was off to the volcano.


Taking a dip in the crater.


Quick horsey ride at Kusasenri.


Then up to the actual mouth of the crater of the volcano, which is still active by the way.


Cool rock formations everywhere.


But I didn't feel like swimming in this cauldron!


I loved Kijima so much tht the next day we went back. First it was raining, so I did a little dance session with Pinky the rabbit inside the Toy Kingdom.


But when the rain stopped we went to this outdoor paddling pool, with all this cool stuff.




I was allowed one ride afterwards.


What a great few days!


On the drive back we found these cool road monkeys.....almost as good as the robot policemen!

No comments: