Sunday 15 June 2008

Let there be cake...


Well it's the big 40 later this year, but my present from hubby arrived on Friday. I have been a coveting a Kitchenaid mixer ever since Martha Stewart first flitted across my screen, and my new best friend came from America in the hugest box I've ever seen. Thankfully it was mostly packaging, and my worries that it wouldn't fit on the shelf were unfounded.
What to make first was the dilemma.
Again, simple is the best test, I thought. So, a plain victoria sponge then, with raspberry jam and mascarpone cream, my usual birthday cake of choice.
Result?
Much lighter and spongier than when made with the same ingredients and a hand mixer!
Yeah!
Haven't got enough money left for insider trading, or I too could be Martha!

What's next? Requests? I'm in the mood to try!

2 comments:

fionak26 said...

how about the elusive chocolate cake?

Jax said...

It was chocolate fudge, and as I said, I will make you one any time if you come and get it!