Friday 4 April 2008

5 Years and 1 Month Report


5 years make quite a difference!


I can't believe I am the mother of a 5 year old. Wow!

Some 5 year old Weechan stats for you (based on measurements and interview on April 4th 2008):

Height: 105cm
Weight: 17.6kg
Feet: 17cm long
Presently Learning: Piano, Ballet and Swimming
Favourite food: pizza, onigiri with nori, chocolate
Favourite drink: calpis, aquarius
Favourite colours: pink and sky blue and red
Favourite place: our house, and Al Park (shopping centre near our house)
Favourite character: Troy and Gabriella (High School Musical)
Favourite book: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Favourite Activities: Playing games, playing with my Mum, drawing stuff, reading and writing Japanese and numbers
Favourite toy: necklaces and bracelets, Shima-chan Computer
Best friends: Yuina, Nina, Amane, Asahi
Favourite stuffed friend:Pen-chan (penguin from Ba-chan)
Favourite subjects: poop, weewees and farts!

All answers subject to change in any given 5 minute period.


She drives me nuts, she makes me laugh hysterically. She is the only one who thinks I truly know everything (and how long will that last!). I still can't sleep if she is sleeping beside me after 5 years. I stare at her in the dark, wondering if she is still breathing, afraid that she will stop, and wondering where this beautiful little person came from and what will become of us both.
Weechan, I mourn the loss of your tiny baby self, and I celebrate all the whys, and it's not fairs, and wonderment, and confidential explanations of the apparently mundane, and the unbridled joy and ire that is your 5 year old self. How will we be 5 years from now? What a dreadful and exciting prospect!

No comments: