Monday 4 February 2008

La Chambre Sweets

We went out for brunch after ballet the other Sunday at a new place near my school. The decor is a bit of a puzzlement. The prices and the menu suggest they are aiming for genteel, but the overall effect of the purple plush faux antique chairs with the heavily textured wall coverings is a tad Louis 14th meets wild west whorehouse. I can even being to try to put into word the effect of the rest room there. Rushing back with the camera to capture all of its wondrousness would have been just a bit embarrassing.

My first impression when I saw the cake selection was: here we go again, typical Japanese exquisite culinary artistry, which belies an atrocious lack of substance and flavour.
However this photo might help you understand how mistaken I was.
Definitely got the thumbs up from the wee lady who lunches.

La Chambre Sweets is in Kami Hatchobori, one block over from Urban View Grand Tower. I'd probably go back for a treat!

No comments: