Wednesday 17 June 2009

The Curse


OK, so I tempted fate and Weechan and I replanted her morning glory seedlings and her sunflower seed project a week or so ago.
Everyone says, oh you can't go wrong with these ones, they're practically impossible to kill.
But "everyone" doesn't know about the curse.
I have quite obviously been hexed in a previous life, to the effect that every even vaguely green life form that I come within 3 feet of, shall wither and die before my very eyes.

And usually inside 3 weeks.

In the week since we planted them, the sunflower has already perished, despite my best efforts.
The morning glories and the tomato seeds we planted are still gripping fiercely on to life, but then, we haven't reached the 3 week mark yet.

NO, really, you have no idea the crushing sense of responsibility and doom that comes over me when people give me a simple plant gift.

And now Lorna has given me a rhubarb seedling with the final fatal verbal accompaniment:

NO-ONE CAN KILL RHUBARB.

No-one who's not cursed, I say...


1 comment:

Lorna said...

No pressure but we're expecting rhubarb crumble in acouple of weeks..... hahaha!