Friday 4 June 2010

Crap Blogger


Weechan brought this back from her adventure in the Botanic Gardens specially for me.
Cute!


Apple Store iPad madness in Ginza from our weekend in Tokyo last week. I so have to have one.
Still holding out though.


Cover photo for M's first album?

I'm sure I've been so crap lately that no-one ever looks at this any more anyway, but just in case....

The PTA stuff and work stuff and Facebook and Twitter addictions have led to major backlog on the blogging front, as it always seems much easier to do a quick real time status update than a full blog post. I still hold out the hope, maybe in the summer holidays hat I will catch up and get back into the rhythm soon, but in the meantime, I have found a new addiction to add to the above.

It's caled Blipfoto. The premise is that you upload one photo a day. And it has to have been taken on that day, so the result should be a true photo journal. I kind of like this having to choose one moment of your day to share. The restriction of it makes you think through what defined your day.

It is also a site used many real photography enthusiasts, and some of the images by others are truly stunning, and there is a general positive feel to the community. I joined after watching a friend's entries for a few months, in the hope that it might make me actually learn how to use my camera to better effect, and to get back to the basics of what this blog was meant to be about: a daily record of our family for my mum and sister in Scotland, and for M when she grows up and wants to look back.

Watch this space, but if you want to know what we're up to, please check out :

http://www.blipfoto.com/mairismum

http://www.blipfoto.com/JaxI


Or follow @jaxsensei on Twitter and you'll get updates on both of the above.

I try to keep Facebook for people I actually know.

I leave you with a few images that narrowly missed being blips.

No comments: